Thursday 31 March 2016

A soldiers tale

A soldier’s tale
I’m standing here dizzy and coughing up my lungs hoping to get home soon and have a nice bed to sleep in.infact I think that we all want that.

While I’m coughing away I am making my way towards safety away from mortars, bombshells and mines tripping through mud and potholes  

I peer back at all of the other men one looks as if he was homeless and drunk while others look well blind,disabled and deaf not hearing a word the others are saying.I turn and walk away with pain aching from my blisters.    

Then teargas “cover your mouth and get the hell out of that wretched place.”

They all heard me but didn’t move they whipped on the their gas masks and kept fighting but their was one man john an eighteen year old that just got here this morning… then he just disappeared.  

All of a sudden there was small yelp but could not see past the clouds  that have turned green no the gas.

Out of nowhere my little brother john comes running towards me I’m so happy to see him.he drops coughing blood I try to save him but no pulse.

Then I decide to carry him back to base.when I get there the wagons are ready I put him in the back with all the others. What would you feel if your brother was dead.

While they are driving away I listen to dying the same as i saw through my   blood shot eyes.
It is a pleasure dying for your country knowing that people respected you

No comments:

Post a Comment